Audit Assistant Manager | Professional Sector | Gibraltar | c£45k plus benefits | Office based
Audit Assistant Manager with Insurance Sector knowledge sought by a long-established Professional Services Company in Gibraltar. The successful candidate will carry out audits, accounts assignments, management accounts and tax services as allocated by their Manager. The Audit Assistant Manager is expected to be involved in all aspects of assignments from planning to preparing a high quality completed file for manager or partner review and managing a team of junior staff members.
What’s on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- 20 days holiday plus Gibraltar Days
- Benefits Package
- Reporting to the Audit Manager
What You Will Be Doing
- Planning Assignments for Insurance Companies, including the preparation and updating of the permanent file and briefing the team.
- Preparing audit assignment papers and budgets.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Completing audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of assignments and attendance at stocktakes etc.
- Attending stock-takes.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations
- Controlling assignments and ensuring that each section of the allocated assignment is completed within the agreed budget.
- Managing a team whilst out on site to ensure the team produces high quality work and are motivated to achieve high standards. Prepare and carry out end of job appraisals for the team.
- Presenting Audit Managers with a complete assignment file with minimal review points.
- Draft Accounts.
- Detailed costing of time budget.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Qualified ACCA, CPA or ACA, or equivalent, with good technical competence including solid audit experience on a mix of clients.
- Experience in the audit of Insurance Companies is an advantage.
- Knowledge of current Gibraltar GAAP.
- Highly IT literate in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven skills in audit planning, fieldwork and file completion.
- Proven skills in supervising and managing staff.
- Enthusiasm to assist with departmental responsibilities beyond the audits, for example business development activities or training of juniors.
Keywords: Audit Assistant Manager |Gibraltar | Finance | ACCA | ACA | CPA |Qualified