Consolidation Manager – Group Finance Office | ACCA or QBE| Wealth Management | Malta | On-site
An Accounting Consolidation Manager working for Group Finance HQ is required for a leading financial services firm specialising in providing innovative Investment solutions for a diverse range of HNW clients. The Consolidation Manager is a senior management role requiring high level expertise in consolidation reporting (using excel), budgeting, forecasting, and finance team leadership. The ability to create meaningful management reports from various data sources is key. Expertise in cash management is required. The role reports directly to the Group CFO.
What’s on offer to you?
- Competitive Salary plus discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits package including private health insurance, dental insurance, subsidised gym membership, amongst other offerings.
- Working directly for the Group CFO
What You Will Be Doing
- Key task – Consolidated Reporting: Collect data from various sources and prepare consolidated statutory and management reports using Excel.
- Create meaningful management reports with KPIs to support strategic decision-making.
- Develop and manage budgets and forecasts for individual entities and consolidated reporting.
- Monitor cash flows and group capital requirements.
- Lead and oversee the local finance function, ensuring compliance with deadlines and high-quality financial operations.
- Manage bookkeeping, sales, and expense activities.
- Produce accurate monthly management accounts and reports.
- Coordinate with Auditors for audits and regulatory reporting.
- Utilize 3rd party vendors when necessary to ensure statutory compliance.
- Consolidate entity performance data for group-level reporting.
- Develop a process to redistribute revenues among entities as necessary.
- Oversee statutory and regulatory reporting, including ICARA, MIFID Return, and other regulatory filings.
- Monitor and report on regulatory capital and liquidity positions. Interact with regulators when required.
- Manage banking relationships, oversee cash accounts, and handle reconciliations.
- Supervise liquidity management and foreign exchange operations.
- Manage debtor/creditor accounts and reporting.
- Provide financial management and support to achieve business financial goals.
- Manage departmental budgets, forecasts, and reporting for entities and the consolidated group.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, presenting key financial information in board meetings, and ensure financial governance.
- Manage corporate tax compliance (Malta) and oversee VAT returns (Malta) for the Company and the wider group.
- Ensure compliance with remuneration principles and payroll.
- Collaborate with business teams to maximize profits and enhance financial transparency.
- Lead and manage members of the group finance team, fostering their professional development.
- Establish and maintain controls to minimize fraud and error risks.
- Qualified Accountant ACCA, CPA, similar or Qualified by Experience.
- Excellent technical understanding of IFRS.
- Prior experience of consolidated accounting is essential.
- Knowledge of Maltese tax and VAT framework.
- Must be an excellent communicator with prior management experience.
- Must have excellent IT skills and demonstrate the ability to automate and simplify processes through the use of software and technology.
- Should be commercially minded and willing to provide profitability advice.
- Prior experience in financial services is desired but not essential.
- Fluent in English. Other languages will be an asset.
- Able to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
Keywords: Consolidation Accounting Manager |Malta| Wealth Management | Financial Services | IFRS | Qualified Accountant