Head of Network Operations | Online Gaming | Gibraltar | On-site
A Head of Network Operations is required for one of the world’s largest independent multi-brand Sports Betting and Online Gaming groups. This role offers a challenging, fast-paced, and exciting environment, with ample opportunities to influence and grow in the technology field.
The Head of Network Operations will be passionate about delivering fully resilient and performing global networking infrastructure and will contribute to building the next generation of Cloud/global network.
What’s on offer to you?
- Relocation package
- £75,000 to £85,000 + Extensive benefits (Including pension scheme & health care)
- Reporting directly to the Director of IT Operations
What You Will Be Doing
- Your expertise in network operations will be instrumental in providing physical and virtual systems integration and networking in a highly virtualised development, test, and production environment.
- You will oversee the creation and delivery of technical content, focusing on Cloud networking topologies, on-premises network integration and automation, as well as Cloud VPN configurations and direct interconnections to all major Cloud service providers.
- You will proactively ensure the stability, resilience, and scalability of our services. This involves engineering, testing, monitoring, troubleshooting, and automating the hybrid network stack.
- You will be responsible for implementing robust network solutions and ensuring consistent monitoring, logging, and alerting of these solutions.
- You will need to manage the networks of remote offices and ensure remote workers are able to reach our key systems securely.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Exhibits proactive initiative and takes ownership of projects and tasks.
- Experience in managing people and able to work in a fast and demanding environment.
- Demonstrates autonomy and a strong drive for professional growth.
- Adapts easily to changing directions, circumstances, and priorities.
- Applies strong problem-solving abilities to resolve complex issues.
- Builds and maintains strong supplier relationships with various telco providers.
- Good understanding of network protocols, including TCP/IP, BGP, VLANs, VXLAN, EVPN and other protocols commonly used in enterprise networks.
- Good knowledge of general routing, load balancing, and switching principles.
- Proficient in provisioning, operating, and monitoring Arista switches, with knowledge of Datacentre Spine and Leaf topology, including VXLAN/EVPN implementation. Familiarity with this setup is highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable in Juniper MX family routing devices, with hands-on experience in ansible-based automated provisioning for these devices considered an added advantage.
- Demonstrates proficiency in deploying PaloAlto networks firewalls in high-availability (HA) configurations and managing basic access control policies.
Keywords: Head of Network Operations | Gibraltar