In-House Legal Counsel | Family Office | Gibraltar | Competitive salary and benefits | Office based
In-House Legal Counsel required for a busy commercial office based in Gibraltar. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and dynamic individual who will play a crucial role in supporting the legal needs of this growing asset base. The In-House Legal Counsel will have exposure to work in and outside of Gibraltar. This is an exciting opportunity for a Newly Qualified (NQ) lawyer to gain valuable experience across a wide range of legal practice areas.
What’s on offer to you?
- Steep learning opportunities across multiple disciplines
- 25 days holiday plus Gibraltar bank holidays
- Excellent Salary package including benefits
What You Will Be Doing
- Drafting various legal documents, such as letters of authority, contracts (e.g., loan agreements, deeds of assignment, service agreements), board minutes, and resolutions.
- Conducting contract reviews and providing legal advice on matters related to private client, commercial, corporate, tax, trusts, wills and probate, and employment law.
- Collaborating with legal professionals from different jurisdictions including Israel, Romania, Cyprus and the Bahamas.
- Handling cross-border transactional work, focusing on real estate acquisitions, including private residential properties and supporting an affiliated real estate investment group with their real estate investment activities.
- Assisting with Gibraltar-law employment matters and providing paralegal support for employees in other jurisdictions
- Assisting with tax reporting and record-keeping to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Reporting directly to the General Counsel and working closely with senior executives, including the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Assisting the General Counsel in overseeing the corporate secretarial function for a portfolio of international companies.
- Legal research as required.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Qualified lawyer (Newly Qualified – NQ), or NQ+1, with a strong academic background.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of legal practice areas, including private client, commercial, corporate, tax, trusts, wills and probate, and employment law.
- Experience in drafting legal documents, such as contracts and letters.
- Familiarity with cross-border transactions and exposure to dealing with lawyers from different jurisdictions.
- Prior experience or exposure to real estate acquisitions is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Proactive, adaptable, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
If you are an experienced In-House Counsel, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today. Please click on the ‘apply’ button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email Angelique.email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Keywords: In-House Counsel | Gibraltar |Newly Qualified Lawyer |Drafting contracts | Legal Letters |Gibraltar law