IT Security Engineer | Telecoms | Gibraltar / Spain / UK | Hybrid
IT Security Engineer required for an exciting Telecoms company based in Gibraltar.
What’s on offer to you?
- Implement new security protocol
- Working with a Managed Service Provider
- Reporting to the Director
What You Will Be Doing
- Review security logs and respond to security incidents and alerts in a timely manner.
- Conduct security audits and compliance assessments to ensure adherence to industry regulations and standards such as ISO 27001 and GDPR.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors to ensure the security of their systems and applications that provide service(s) to the business.
- Educating employees on security best practices and provide security awareness training.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats, trends, and technologies.
- Design and implement security solutions that align with the company’s security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manage security infrastructure such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, data loss prevention and EDR systems.
- Participate in an on-call roster.
- Fully remote role with occasional travel to company locations if/when required.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours when required to support critical systems & infrastructure.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Experience with compliance requirements such as PCI DSS, ISO 270001 and GDPR.
- Experience with SIEM platforms such as ELK, Graylog or Splunk.
- Experience with vulnerability scanners & management tools such as Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable or Taegis VDR.
- Experience with EDR platforms such as CarbonBlack, Crowdstrike, SentinelOne or Defender for Endpoint (ATP).
- Experience with NGFW solutions such as Fortigate or Palo Alto.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to complete complex tasks methodically, with an eye for detail.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about IT.
- Excellent organisation, task prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to operate independently.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Bamboo and Confluence (desirable)
- Experience with Juniper EX switches (desirable)
- Knowledge of NDR & XDR solutions (desirable)
If you are an experienced IT Security Engineer, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today. Please click on the ‘apply’ button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Robert Ally, Recruitment Consultant by email Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Keywords: IT Security Engineer | Gibraltar | PCI DSS| ISO 27001