Network Access Engineer | Telecoms | Gibraltar |
Network Access Engineer required for an exciting Telecoms company based in Gibraltar.
What’s on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- New project team
- Lots of new technology
What You Will Be Doing
- Configure, provision, and install physical hardware.
- Undertake client assessments and site surveys, including wireless surveys, and physical audits.
- Consistently and diligently deliver tasks ensuring quality output and Client experience.
- Support and contribute toward new network design architectures.
- Aid in the Design, Testing & Validation of enterprise architectures, including network upgrades.
- Resolve outages and troubleshoot error conditions on network platforms. Engage vendors as required for support. Execute vendor instructions to resolve issues and incidents.
- Carry out day-to-day activities including service installations, support requests, troubleshooting and system maintenance.
- Support new product deployments with installation, integration, testing, documentation, and training. Develop methods and Standard Operating Procedures for troubleshooting (SOPs).
- May work closely with Customers, directly or indirectly through Sales, to identify network needs and solutions that impact network design and support requirements.
- Perform team tasks with other members of the group
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or a related field or equivalent work experience in a network engineering or operations environment.
- Industry standard networking qualifications.
- Experience with configuration and administration of routers and switches.
- Understanding of firewalls and concepts – ACL’s, NAT, IPSEC, and SSL.
- Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, TACACs, Radius and other commonly used protocols.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- Good knowledge of LAN (Ethernet) based products
- Strong technical expertise in maintaining and troubleshooting enterprise level complex network infrastructures to include LAN, WAN, Firewalls, and related networking environments.
- Strong technical knowledge in network enterprise infrastructure design, dependencies and documentation.
- Basic Knowledge of Ethernet Switching technologies and Protocols.
- Good knowledge in IPv4, IPv6, QoS, Multicast, MPLS, IP Routing Protocols (ISIS, OSPF, BGP).
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities.
- Good understanding on Fibre Optic Networks and Ethernet services types.
- Experienced with services testing (EtherSam, RFC2544, Etherbert)
- Linux administration skills.
- Experience of scripting in Python is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of working in Data Centre environments.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Keywords: Network Access Engineer |Gibraltar | IPv4 | IPv6 | Fibre optics