Risk Manager | Insurance | Gibraltar | Excellent Salary Package | Office based
Risk Manager required for an established International Insurance company based in Gibraltar but with an International growth pattern. You will assume a leadership role in the office that is medium sized, in essence this a “Head of role”, hence, promoting an effective risk aware culture and framework that achieves the objectives of the risk management team across all the clients entities. Integration for the various risk management processes, practices and teams is a key requirement for the Risk Manager.
This role is a Key Function Holder subject to ongoing Gibraltar FSC regulations and the Company’s requirements.
What’s on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- Excellent Salary Package with extensive benefits
- Career changing opportunity with an International Organisation
- Reporting to Chief Risk Officer
What You Will Be Doing
- Maintenance of the risk framework including strategy, policies and procedures
- Develop a consistent risk framework (i.e. strategy, policies and procedures) across all businesses taking into the specificities of each business/ regulatory environment
- Management of team to implement the risk framework provisions across all risk operations
- Regular update of the framework in line with the evolving industry best practice and regulatory guidance
- Pro-actively identify gaps and design practical risk framework and/or drive applicable enhancements
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a consistent risk register across businesses
- Consistency of the risk register with wider business policies and procedures
- Regular review of the control activities to identify gaps and propose pragmatic applicable enhancements
- Liaison with senior members for inherent/residual risk assessment taking account of wider business and industry information
- Annual review and reporting or Risk Register and governance over changes in risk register
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a consistent appetite/tolerance across businesses
- Development of Key Risk Indicators to provide an early warning signal in respect of risk exposures
- Regular assessment and reporting of exposures against the thresholds and investigation of identified issues with a focus of resolution in a practical and commercial manner.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- University Degree and/or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. Risk, Finance, Actuarial)
- Comprehensive understanding of Lloyd’s market risk processes and Insurance and Reinsurance markets
- Insurance market experience working in a similar role
- Highly numerate
- Commercially pragmatic and focused on delivering value and an ability to deal with uncertainty
- High quality stakeholder management both internal and external
- Experience of dealing with regulators and C-suite/iNEDs
- Good understanding of capital modelling outputs and their use
- Comprehensive knowledge of the insurance market and the applicable regulations
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements and efficiencies
- Excellent IT skills including a high proficiency in Excel
- Ability to present risk reward analysis to support risk-based decision
If you are an experienced Risk Manager, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today. Please click on the ‘apply’ button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Keywords: Risk Manager |Gibraltar |Risk Framework | Reporting |Regulator |FSC