Secretary/Personal Assistant | Legal | Gibraltar | Competitive salary & benefits
Secretary/Personal Assistant required for an established Legal and Corporate Services company based in Gibraltar. You will provide a first-class professional support service to the appointed fee earners. The Secretary will be expected to refocus tasks and priorities periodically as required on a daily basis, to create a positive working relationship with the direct reports and their peer group.
What’s on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- Excellent working conditions, benefits and holidays
- Career changing opportunity with an International Organisation
What You Will Be Doing
- Act as a first point of contact and liaison for clients and colleagues, building effective working relationships and acting as gatekeeper by answering and screening telephone calls politely and professionally.
- Detailed and proactive email inbox management including checking and summarising e-mails on a daily basis.
- Type correspondence and documents and prepare and send short holding, covering or similar letters when required.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of the fee earners’ clients, work in progress and projects and be aware of priorities, potential issues and sensitivities. Successfully establish relationships with clients and anticipate their needs.
- Participate in regular work planning to review client work activities and requirements to meet all deadlines.
- Assist with client matters, related processes including processing new requests, starting electronic filing, applying billing rates, preparing engagement letters.
- Organise and maintain electronic and hard copy document management systems ensuring that all electronic and paper-based files are up to date and maintained at regular intervals.
- Manage the diaries of allocated fee earner(s) in Microsoft Outlook to ensure efficient scheduling.
- Organise extensive international travel, business trips and itineraries for fee earners including sourcing and booking flights, hotels and transport and preparing door-to-door travel packs.
- Booking client and/or inter-office meetings, arrange conference calls and organise client lunches, dinners, workshops, conferences, seminars etc.
- Work proactively with fee earners to ensure that documentation is produced with speed and accuracy and meets clients’ expectations.
- Undertake audio and copy typing, photocopying, scanning and faxing of documents and preparation of trial bundles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and assist to coordinate the end-to-end billing process.
- Support with priority clients and business development initiatives including researching information for and preparing animated or graphical client presentations.
- Proof read and undertake quality checks on all work produced.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Educated to graduate level ideal. Must hold at least 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent, to include Mathematics and English.
- Solid, recent PA/secretarial experience at partner or director level preferably gained within a professional services environment or partnership.
- Experience of fee/billing management and financial tasks.
- Able to draft, type, format, prepare and produce a wide range of high quality documentation, correspondence, statistical information, graphics, presentations and short reports.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior organisational, time, project and diary management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
If you are an experienced Secretary/Personal Assistant, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today. Please click on the ‘apply’ button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Keywords: Secretary | Personal Assistant | PA | Gibraltar | Drafting | Documents