Trainee Accounts Assistant | Legal | Gibraltar | Market salary plus study | Office Based
Trainee Accounts Assistant required for an established Corporate Services company based in Gibraltar. This is an entry-level role within the Accounting Services Department. The role assists the Head of Accounting and Team in the administration and preparation of accurate financial records by undertaking bookkeeping for a large portfolio of client companies and trusts. Candidates applying can be Graduates with a relevant Degree or “A” level students with a minimum of 12 months experience in Accounting duties.
What’s on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- Study Support provided
- On the job training with Qualified professionals
What You Will Be Doing
- Maintain accounting records in the client entity database Viewpoint
- Assist in the provision of accurate and timely financial statements prepared in accordance with relevant accounting standards for specific companies and trusts
- Assist in the preparation of tax and dividend returns for submission to the regulatory authorities
- Reconciliation of cash books
- Preparation of trial balances
- Liaise with colleagues from other professions including lawyers, company administrators, investment brokers, bankers, property managers and agents.
- Ensure procedures, standards and protocols are adhered to.
- Under the supervision of the more senior colleagues, liaise with clients and intermediaries on a daily basis and develop and maintain good client relation skills.
- Work and behave in a professional manner.
- Keep confidential any information obtained concerning the Firm, its clients, and their business.
- Become proficient in internal systems and procedures.
- Contribute to business and team objectives through active involvement in projects.
- Attend meetings with the team as necessary to discuss matters relating to the portfolio.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Sound intellectual skills evidenced by a strong academic background to graduate level or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience of working in a client/customer facing role
- Knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel and Outlook essential.
- Experience of Viewpoint would be an advantage
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving
- Ambition, drive, energy and the desire to learn and grow professionally
- Takes personal responsibility for their own development
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Committed to the delivery of the highest levels of customer service.
- Able to work successfully as part of a team.
Keywords: Trainee Accounts Assistant |Gibraltar | Graduate | School Leaver |AAT | ACCA | Study support