Underwriting Manager | Insurance | Gibraltar | 6 figure salary package plus relocation |
An experienced Underwriting Manager is sought for a large FTSE100 Financial Services group with a key hub in Gibraltar. They are long established on the island and have a strong team of Insurance professionals in Finance, Underwriting and Operations. You will be challenging pricing, product and market factors, working alongside the Actuarial team plus reporting to the Board on any new ideas or commercial structure benefits. This is a regulated position working closely with the GFSC and the FCA (UK) regulator.
The experienced Underwriting Manager role will offer a varied and multi-dimensional perspective on the business working closely with stakeholders at their Group Head Office in the UK. CII member is an ideal but not essential.
What’s on offer to you?
- Opportunity to be part of a FTSE100 company
- 25 days plus Gibraltar Bank Holidays
- “Hands on” commercial decision making
- Reporting at a Group level, directly to the Director of Risk and Compliance
What You Will Be Doing
- Work alongside the UK Chief Underwriting Officer to develop reporting for the Board to monitor the progress and performance of UK insurance business.
- Variations on policy terms for all products
- Pricing rate changes or changes in risk selection
- Targeted market segments/ market pricing changes
- Changes to portfolio/ business mix
- Updates on responses to external legislative change (FCA pricing reform)
- Provide a commercial review of existing product lines with periodic thematic deep dives to understand business drivers
- Provide input to and help optimise current structures in place with distribution intermediaries and consider effects on other stakeholders in the value chain (reinsurers, regulators)
- Work alongside the actuarial reserving team to review, challenge and optimise management best estimate loss ratios based on latest claims and pricing data
- Analyse and provide recommendations to senior management on monthly underwriting and other distribution trends
- Review and challenge new product proposals and new ventures that the client may consider to underwrite
- Contribute to and support business planning processes, including delivery of the Group’s business plan to the Board in line with the Group business planning timetable
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Extensive Underwriting experience in UK motor
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders in multiple jurisdictions
- Curious, self-motivated and able to constructively challenge existing paradigms within the context of a supportive and outcome focussed team
- Writing reports and presenting to senior management committees
- Exposure to, and an appreciation of, actuarial pricing models and techniques – the ability to challenge and improve pricing fundamentals from a commercial perspective.
- Knowledge and application of GFSC and FCA (UK) regulatory and conduct environment
- Member of Chartered Insurance Institute desirable
Keywords: Underwriting Manager |Gibraltar | FCA | Pricing |Actuarial |Motor Insurance